By Stewart Mader
- This publication offers sensible, confirmed recommendation for encouraging adoption of your wiki undertaking and growing to be it right into a priceless collaboration device or bright on-line neighborhood
- Gives wiki clients a toolbox of thriving wiki styles, which allow rookies to prevent making universal error or fumbling round for the options to an analogous difficulties as their predecessors
- Explains the key levels of wiki adoption and explores styles that practice to every degree
- Presents concrete, confirmed examples of thoughts that experience helped humans develop bright collaborative groups and alter the best way they paintings for the higher
- Reviews the final approach, together with constructing preliminary content material, encouraging humans to give a contribution, facing disruptive components, solving typos and damaged hyperlinks, ensuring pages are of their right different types, and extra
Read or Download Wikipatterns: [a practical guide to improving productivity and collaboration in your organization] PDF
Best computers books
This e-book is a step by step consultant for an absolute newbie. It covers every little thing, from fitting to configuring, to get you began speedy. It has various code examples that the reader can attempt on their lonesome and examine whereas doing so. It has full-fledged functions as examples that readers can stick to.
This e-book constitutes the refereed court cases of the seventh foreign Symposium, Latin American Theoretical Informatics, LATIN 2006, held in Valdivia, Chile in March 2006. The sixty six revised complete papers offered including seven invited papers have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from 224 submissions.
This ebook constitutes the completely refereed post-proceedings of the foreign desktop tune Modeling and Retrieval Symposium, CMMR 2003, held in Montpellier, France, in could 2003. The 20 revised complete papers have been rigorously chosen in the course of rounds of reviewing and development. a result of interdisciplinary nature of the world, the papers deal with a large number of themes together with info retrieval, programming, human-computer interplay, electronic libraries, hypermedia, man made intelligence, acoustics, sign processing, and so forth.
Realizing the mechanisms focused on lifestyles (e. g. , getting to know the organic functionofasetofproteins,inferringtheevolutionofasetofspecies)isbecoming increasinglydependent onprogressmade inmathematics,computer science,and molecular engineering. For the previous 30 years, new high-throughput applied sciences were built producing quite a lot of facts, allotted throughout many information resources on the internet, with a excessive measure of semantic heterogeneity and di?
- Numerical Analysis and Its Applications: 4th International Conference, NAA 2008, Lozenetz, Bulgaria, June 16-20, 2008. Revised Selected Papers
- Groupware: Design, Implementation, and Use: 10th International Workshop, CRIWG 2004, San Carlos, Costa Rica, September 5-9, 2004. Proceedings
- Graph-Theoretic Concepts in Computer Science: International Workshop WG '86 Bernried, Federal Republic of Germany, June 17–19, 1986 Proceedings
- STACS 98: 15th Annual Symposium on Theoretical Aspects of Computer Science Paris, France, February 25–27, 1998 Proceedings
Extra resources for Wikipatterns: [a practical guide to improving productivity and collaboration in your organization]
And in the end, while I think it’s vitally important how people build their capabilities. what will distinguish your life and your leadership, as you go forward, is less your capability and more your collaboration skills and your character, and what you choose to do. Carly Fiorina This book is about change. It is as much a how-to guide for using a wiki as it is a how-to guide for making change happen. Status quo often becomes the norm when the tools available to people are difficult to use, highly structured and only meet a narrow set of needs, and don’t elicit a positive emotional connection from the people that use them.
It does away with the rigid structure in a lot of other collaboration and knowledge management tools, and lets people use it as they see fit. There’s room for greater innovation, and if the wiki is brought in by renegades, then it’s very likely that its success will have much to do with their enthusiasm for it. In the same way that a wiki is the means to collaboration, it could also be viewed as the product of collaboration. What about using a wiki as your website? The point being, what a wiki is and how it’s used are as much about breaking the rules as it is defining new rules.
In this book, you’ll explore the value of collaborative approaches that emphasize equal responsibility over hierarchy, look at the key differences between Wikipedia and the wikis used by organizations, and explore what makes a wiki different from other tools used for communication and collaboration. Based on my work running large-scale wiki projects and advising organizations on their wiki adoption, I’ve laid out a plan that shows you how to make the case for a wiki in your organization, run a wiki pilot that builds real, highly relevant xxxiii xxxiv Introduction examples you can use later on to grow wiki use, drive adoption throughout your organization, and minimize obstacles along the way.
Wikipatterns: [a practical guide to improving productivity and collaboration in your organization] by Stewart Mader