By Jan van Eijk
Provides an entire descriptive grammar of Lillooet, an indigenous Canadian language spoken in British Columbia. makes use of the classical structuralist way to provide an in depth research of the 3 significant features of the language sound method, notice constitution, and syntax and to provide an explanation for their functionality and p
Read or Download The Lillooet Language: Phonology, Morphology, Syntax PDF
Best nonfiction_12 books
Discoveries of chaotic, unpredictable behaviour in actual deterministic structures has led to new analytic and experimental thoughts in dynamics. the fashionable learn of the hot phenomena calls for the analyst to get to grips with experiments (at least with numerical ones), considering the fact that chaotic ideas can't be written down, and it calls for the experimenter to grasp the recent suggestions of the speculation of nonlinear dynamical platforms.
Dietary complement examine touching on mind overall healthiness and neurological disorder is changing into an immense concentration. whereas dietary supplementations are extremely popular for normal wellbeing and fitness and health, the effectiveness of universal vitamins and their impression on common mind wellbeing and fitness and for the therapy or prevention of neurological affliction isn't sincerely understood.
Professor Solomon claims to have found--and translated from the Hebrew--an previous manuscript within the ownership of his kin. Titled THE ebook OF KING SOLOMON and attributed to a court docket historian, it chronicles the lifetime of the prestigious monarch. What used to be the wisest of guys fairly like? How did he turn into king?
Offers a whole descriptive grammar of Lillooet, an indigenous Canadian language spoken in British Columbia. makes use of the classical structuralist solution to supply an in depth research of the 3 significant elements of the language sound procedure, observe constitution, and syntax and to give an explanation for their functionality and p
- The facts of the crimes committed by Armenian bandit and terrorist organizations on the territory of Azerbaijan
- Catalogue of colonial mirror frames
- Real and Stochastic Analysis: Current Trends
- Thus Spoke Zarathustra (Selections) / Also sprach Zarathustra (Auswahl): A Dual-Language Book
- Mars Sample Return: Issues and Recommendations
- A Directory of Arrhenius Parameters: Non-metals
Extra info for The Lillooet Language: Phonology, Morphology, Syntax
Replacing *a?. For restrictions on a? and a? 2. ) Section 1. , k w ji? , VX'aj 'to bite' > s-X'aX'aj'-s 'to carry in one's mouth' (s- stative prefix, -s transitivizer). ' (3) There is no *CVQ or *QVT (except for QaT, in qamja? 'ymmg/ newly hatched fish,' recorded from CM only). Moreover, *QiC does not occur, while other cases of QVC, such as qal 'bad,' are rare. Neither do we have *CVQ (see  above). 3. 16 In these positions we write rounded or unrounded consonants depending on what is morphophonemically indicated.
4. 2). We class t n n' with the laterals and c' z z' with the palatals, because n n' belong to one 'close contact' pronunciation type with t and the laterals, whereas z z7 belong to another 'close contact' pronunciation type with c' and the palatals. By 'close contact' we mean certain combinations CaR CaR where aR aR is phonetically syllabic [R] and the preceding C is released through (that is, in 'close contact' with) aR aR. We have the following cases: (1) When am am' follow a labial consonant (p p' m m'), or when an an' follow a dental-lateral consonant (t K' i n n' M' \ I'), am am' an an' are [m rn' Section 1.
4); Va'av/ 'to wash' > c'aw'-an 'to wash smt. , see rule (2). , taq-an 'to touch (taq-) smt. 2). , cu4--un'-tam-+kaTap 'you folks are pointed at, we point at you folks,' cu4-un'-tam-arap-as 'he (-as) points at you folks' (instead of the expected *cu*l-un'-tann-
The Lillooet Language: Phonology, Morphology, Syntax by Jan van Eijk