By Brian Porter-Sz?cs
Poland within the sleek global presents a historical past of the rustic from the past due 19th century to the current, incorporating new views from social and cultural heritage and positioning it in a huge worldwide context
- Challenges conventional bills Poland that have a tendency to target nationwide, political historical past, emphasizing the country's 'exceptionalism'.
- Presents a full of life, multi-dimensional tale, balancing assurance of excessive politics with dialogue of social, cultural and fiscal alterations, and their results on participants’ day-by-day lives.
- Explores either the local range inside of Poland and the country’s position inside Europe and the broader world.
- Provides a brand new interpretive framework for realizing key ancient occasions in Poland’s smooth historical past, together with the stories of global struggle II and the postwar communist era.
Read Online or Download Poland in the Modern World: Beyond Martyrdom PDF
Similar europe books
The second one a part of the quantity is set the process events--ecclesiastical and secular--with regard to the papacy, the western empire (mainly Germany), Italy, France, Spain, the British Isles, Scandinavia, Hungary, Poland, the Byzantine empire and the settlements in Palestine and Syria validated by means of the crusades and their Muslim acquaintances.
A amazing foreign staff of vital bankers, advertisement bankers, marketers, educational advisors, policymakers, and representatives of improvement finance companies and donor businesses, introduced jointly through KfW, examines during this publication the way forward for monetary quarter improvement in Southeast Europe.
Interpreting the issues confronted through social anthropologists within the examine of eu groups, this ebook presents a serious exam of the tactic of player remark in a interval of post-structuralist theories which query the potential of objectivity in social study. specific awareness is paid to the matter of integrating the facts of old records and oral histories with the information of up to date remark.
- The Princes of Orange: The Stadholders in the Dutch Republic
- Pechenegs, Cumans, Iasians: Steppe peoples in medieval Hungary (Hereditas)
- LECTURES ON THE FRENCH REVOLUTION
- Euro Crash: The Implications of Monetary Failure in Europe
- Poland in the Irish Nationalist Imagination, 1772–1922: Anti-Colonialism within Europe
Additional info for Poland in the Modern World: Beyond Martyrdom
But if that same shopkeeper traveled to Budapest to visit his cousin, he would find that his “Polishness” distinguished him in many ways from his “Hungarian” relatives. To really c omplicate matters, our shopkeeper would often deal with the city government in the role of “merchant,” with interests and needs that might sometimes clash with suppliers and customers regardless of faith or language. Once home he might have to settle a dispute between his children, at which point his role as “father” would be primary.
The Emergence of Modern Lithuania. New York: Columbia University Press, 1959. Stauter-Halsted, Keely. The Nation in the Village: The Genesis of Peasant National Identity in Austrian Poland, 1848–1914. Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 2002. Szacki, Jerzy. Ojczyzna, naród, rewolucja: problematyka narodowa w polskiej mys ́li szlachecko-rewolucyjnej (Fatherland, nation, revolution: The national question in Polish noble–revolutionary thought). Warsaw: Państwowe Wydawnictwo Naukowe, 1962. 42 POLES WITHOUT POLAND, 1795–1918 Szwarc, Andrzej.
Adam Mickiewicz: The Life of a Romantic. Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 2008. Korybut-Woroniecki, Aleksander. Państwo Pruskie wobec Kos ́cioła katolickiego w latach 1837–1842 (The Prussian state vis-à-vis the Catholic Church in the years 1837–1842). Toruń : Wydawnictwo Adam Marszałek, 2006. Krisań, Maria. Chłopi wobec zmian cywilizacyjnych w Królestwie Polskim w drugiej połowie XIX – początku XX wieku (Peasants and civilizational changes in the Kingdom of Poland in the second half of the 19th and the first half of the 20th century).
Poland in the Modern World: Beyond Martyrdom by Brian Porter-Sz?cs