By David L. Felten MD PhD
Designed as a short assessment device, Netter's Neuroscience Flash Cards let you try your wisdom at the cross! enjoyable, quickly, and introduced in complete colour, this transportable source is an ideal research device that covers neuroscience and neuroanatomy. Netter illustrations at the entrance and answers to labels plus explanatory text at the again emphasize the most important organizational neurosciences rules and key scientific functions for an efficient but in-depth review. it really is excellent as a complement to coursework, a prep instrument for checks, if you are readying for rounds or scientific displays, or if you'll easily wish to improve your wisdom of the topic.
You can also be attracted to: A spouse textbook, Netter’s Atlas of Neuroscience, 3rd Edition, to which the playing cards are cross-referenced.
- Provides a quick overview of the apprehensive system, making them excellent to be used ahead of assessments or all through scientific rotations, residency, or in practice.
- Allows you to make clinically very important correlations in neuroanatomy, cell biology, and neurophysiology.
- Neuroimaging examples support determine your clutch of the subject.
- Includes visual and numbered labels on front, and labeled answers/comments at the reverse.
- Clinical 'pearls' and precious summaries of the result of neurological harm or accidents (peripheral nerves, cranial nerves, spinal wire and mind stem constructions and areas, a number of syndromes, etc.) on the again of every card raise your realizing of the scientific implications of neuroscience concepts.
- Pre-punched holes and convenient binding ring let you hold chosen teams of flash playing cards with you anywhere.
- Cross-referenced to Netter’s Atlas of Neuroscience, 3rd Edition for additional info on any topic.
- Includes extensive imaging, cross-sectional anatomy, and vascular information.
- Features elevated cellular and molecular coverage.
Read or Download Netter’s Neuroscience Flash Cards PDF
Similar neurology books
During this elegantly written and entire background, we meet people who suffered with a number of sclerosis within the centuries earlier than the disorder had a reputation, together with blessed Lidwina of Holland, who took pleasure from her distress, believing that she was once despatched to just accept anguish for the sins of others; Augustus, grandson of George III and cousin of Queen Victoria, whose case indicates how anyone with entry to the simplest of remedy of the age used to be understood and controlled; and Heinrich Heine, the good German poet, who additionally had entry to all scientific prone that have been on hand, yet who improved into his bed grave in twenty years, conscious of the lack of actual skill whereas nonetheless capable of compose nice poetry to the tip.
Ihr Wegweiser durch die Neurologie: Knapp und anschaulich beschreibt der Autor die wichtigsten neurologischen Krankheiten und ihre Leitsymptome. Über three hundred hervorragende anatomisch-pathologische Zeichnungen visualisieren die komplexen Zusammenhänge zwischen Ursachen und resultierenden Störungen. Eine moderne Didaktik unterstützt den Lernprozess: Kurze Blicke auf das Wesentliche erleichtern das Repetieren, quickly mühelos erschließen Definitionskästchen Studenten das Fach.
Die Untersuchung der Augenmotilität kann einerseits eine Parese, andererseits aber auch Anomalien im Ablauf der Blickbewegungen aufdecken. Diese letzteren geschehen durch sakkadische Augenbewegungen, deren exakte Erfassung und examine mittels okulographischer Methoden möglich ist. Erst diese exakt reproduzierbaren, registrierbaren und quantifizierbaren Techniken erlauben einen wissenschaftlich fundierten Einsatz in der neuroophthalmologischen Diagnostik.
- Behavioral Treatment for Substance Abuse in People with Serious and Persistent Mental Illness: A Handbook for Mental Health Professionals
- Parkinson's Disease - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- Visions: Artists Living with Epilepsy
- Neurodegenerative diseases : unifying principles
Extra info for Netter’s Neuroscience Flash Cards
4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. Superior sagittal sinus Cortical gyrus Lateral ventricle Thalamus Third ventricle Corpus callosum Lateral ventricle Thalamus Occipital lobe Midbrain Pons Cerebellum Medulla Comment: Computed tomography (CT ) scan is an x-ray–based imaging technique that allows visualization of slices through the brain in any plane at desired thicknesses. It is particularly useful for delineating differences in tissue density and showing soft tissue, fluid, and bone. CT imaging can be used with contrast to image blood vessels or to reveal the presence of a tumor on the basis of the disruption of the blood-brain barrier.
2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. Inferior sagittal sinus Falx cerebri Inner and outer layers of dura mater Arachnoid granulations Superior sagittal sinus Epidural space (a potential space) Arachnoid membrane Subarachnoid space Pia mater Comment: The pia mater adheres to every contour of the brain, while the delicate arachnoid membrane spans these contours. The resultant subarachnoid space is a site in which cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) is found, providing buoyancy and protection to the brain, and also a site in which the cerebral arteries and veins travel.
Involvement of these brain stem regions from tumors, infarcts, or other damage is reflected by specific deficits related to the functions of the underlying sensory, motor, or autonomic nuclei and pathways. 1 Brain Stem Surface Anatomy: Anterior View 13 12 1 11 2 10 3 9 8 4 7 5 6 Overview of the Nervous System 1-26 Brain Stem Surface Anatomy: Anterior View 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8. 9. 10. 11. 12. 13. Mammillary bodies Trigeminal nerve (CN V) Vestibulocochlear nerve (CN VIII) Glossopharyngeal nerve (CN IX) Hypoglossal nerve (CN XII) Pyramidal decussation Pyramid Olive Middle cerebellar peduncle Lateral geniculate body Cerebral peduncle Infundibular stalk Optic chiasm Comment: All of the peripheral cranial nerves (III to XII) emerge from the ventral (anterior) surface of the brain stem except CN IV, which emerges from the dorsal surface of the midbrain.
Netter’s Neuroscience Flash Cards by David L. Felten MD PhD