By Elan D. Louis, Stephan A. Mayer, Lewis P. Rowland
- Visualize neurologic issues extra simply than ever with an all-new, full-color structure throughout.
- Benefit from the clean point of view of recent editors Dr. Elan Louis and Dr. Stephan Mayer, as well as one hundred eighty specialist participants who provide information of their parts of expertise.
- Stay present with today’s preferred themes, due to new chapters at the international burden of neurological illness; magnetic resonance imaging and different imaging modalities; sleep stories; light cognitive impairment; concussion; stressed legs syndrome; seizures in young children; HIV, fetal alcohol syndrome, and drug results; and lots of more.
- Find the data you would like extra speedy because of a reorganized structure. In 153 succinct chapters, you’ll locate the necessities you wish on signs, diagnostic checks, and neurologic problems of all etiologies.
- Watch nearly forty videos on-line to realize a transparent knowing of the scientific symptoms of neurologic disorders.
- Get the updated info you wish from the sensible, readable source that’s relied on and utilized by neurologists, fundamental care physicians, and residents.
- Complete content material with stronger navigation
- Powerful seek instruments and clever navigation cross-links that pull effects from content material within the publication, your notes, or even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and extra for simple navigation
- Highlighting software for simpler reference of key content material during the text
- Ability to take and proportion notes with associates and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to avoid wasting your favourite content material for destiny use
Read or Download Merritt’s Neurology PDF
Best neurology books
During this elegantly written and complete background, we meet people who suffered with a number of sclerosis within the centuries ahead of the illness had a reputation, together with blessed Lidwina of Holland, who took pleasure from her distress, believing that she used to be despatched to just accept discomfort for the sins of others; Augustus, grandson of George III and cousin of Queen Victoria, whose case exhibits how anyone with entry to the simplest of treatment of the age was once understood and controlled; and Heinrich Heine, the good German poet, who additionally had entry to all scientific prone that have been on hand, yet who advanced into his bed grave in twenty years, conscious of the lack of actual skill whereas nonetheless in a position to compose nice poetry to the tip.
Ihr Wegweiser durch die Neurologie: Knapp und anschaulich beschreibt der Autor die wichtigsten neurologischen Krankheiten und ihre Leitsymptome. Über three hundred hervorragende anatomisch-pathologische Zeichnungen visualisieren die komplexen Zusammenhänge zwischen Ursachen und resultierenden Störungen. Eine moderne Didaktik unterstützt den Lernprozess: Kurze Blicke auf das Wesentliche erleichtern das Repetieren, quick mühelos erschließen Definitionskästchen Studenten das Fach.
Die Untersuchung der Augenmotilität kann einerseits eine Parese, andererseits aber auch Anomalien im Ablauf der Blickbewegungen aufdecken. Diese letzteren geschehen durch sakkadische Augenbewegungen, deren exakte Erfassung und examine mittels okulographischer Methoden möglich ist. Erst diese exakt reproduzierbaren, registrierbaren und quantifizierbaren Techniken erlauben einen wissenschaftlich fundierten Einsatz in der neuroophthalmologischen Diagnostik.
- Current practice of clinical electroencephalography
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome: From Diagnosis to Recovery (American Academy of Neurology)
- Neurologische Erkrankungen in der Schwangerschaft
- Multiple Sklerose
Extra info for Merritt’s Neurology
6. Psychogenic nonepileptic seizure. Waxing and waning arrhythmic and asynchronous arm and leg movements with side-to-side head movements and pelvic thrusting. 1. Kinetic tremor with an intentional component is present during the finger-nose-finger maneuver (right arm). 1. Tics in a patient with Tourette syndrome. A patient with Tourette syndrome with simple motor tics of the face, trunk, and limbs; vocal tics (grunting); and complex motor tics. 1. Oppenheim (DYT1) dystonia. The boy developed twisting of his left ankle so severely that he walked on the top of his left foot.
It is best to perform the examination in a standard sequence to avoid omissions, although it may be necessary to modify this based on the patient's condition and ability to cooperate. The usual order is mental status, cranial nerves, strength and coordination, sensation, and reflexes. The specific nature of different symptoms and findings obtained from examination are reviewed in the following chapters. Other considerations that influence diagnosis are briefly described here. 9 IDENTIFYING THE SITE OF DISORDER Aspects of the patient's history may suggest the nature of the disorder; specific symptoms and signs suggest the site of the disorder.
In a study examining the reportable neurologic diseases in refugee camps in 19 countries within Africa, the Eastern Mediterranean, and Southeast Asia, a variety of diagnoses were revealed. Epilepsy represented more than 9 out of every 10 visits for neurologic disease in these refugee camps. The underlying causes of epilepsy in refugee camps, although unknown, were presumably similar to those for other inhabitants in the region, including perinatal injury, head trauma, cerebral malaria, and previous stroke.
Merritt’s Neurology by Elan D. Louis, Stephan A. Mayer, Lewis P. Rowland