By Jeff Joireman
In compelling, easy prose, the authors clarify how younger students can create top of the range study that attains a excessive influence. They describe tips on how to generate robust, unique principles, find out how to layout experiments, and the way to arrange findings into transparent and compelling study articles. They then learn the paintings of widely-admired students who've built leading edge overview instruments and learn tools, and researchers whose paintings has shifted paradigms, bridged disciplines, and challenged long-held assumptions. all through, the authors show an infectious enthusiasm for colleagues whose paintings has encouraged them of their personal careers.
Read or Download How to Publish High-Quality Research: Discovering, Building, and Sharing the Contribution PDF
Best publishing & books books
Is there a unmarried correct interpretation for such cultural phenomena as works of literature, visible works of art, works of song, the self, and felony and sacred texts? In those essays, just about all written specifically for this quantity, twenty top philosophers pursue various solutions to this question through studying the character of interpretation and its items and beliefs.
At its middle this publication is set innovation and the innovation procedure. at the means, it considers tradition and the cultural industries, aesthetics, creativity and the inventive industries, and several other related issues. a lot of the prevailing fiscal literature on innovation has taken a very technological or sensible standpoint as to what kind of new items and procedures are to be thought of recommendations.
Felony Publishing in Antebellum the United States provides a background of the legislation e-book publishing and distribution within the usa. half enterprise background, half criminal heritage, half background of data diffusion, M. H. Hoeflich exhibits how numerous advancements in printing and bookbinding, the creation of railroads, and the growth of mail provider contributed to the expansion of the from an basically neighborhood to a countrywide undefined.
Evaluation This incredible work--basically, a how-to book--is accomplished in its remedy of every little thing essential to making a released biography. Hamilton, who has authored biographies of box Marshall Montgomery, John F. Kennedy, and invoice Clinton, right here leaves not anything unsaid at the topic. He completely information biography's time table and motivation and describes its target market, who will anticipate anything of a revelation about the human situation.
- Affective Disorder and the Writing Life: The Melancholic Muse
- E-books and e-publishing
- Revising Your Dissertation: Advice from Leading Editors
- Creating characters : how to build story people
- Writing Brave and Free: Encouraging Words for People Who Want to Start Writing
Additional resources for How to Publish High-Quality Research: Discovering, Building, and Sharing the Contribution
In addition, the public and policymakers are likely to disregard scientists’ recommendations if they believe the field’s research is based on questionable data. In sum, unethical research practices undermine our ability to contribute meaningful solutions to pressing societal problems. Ethical Guidelines for Data Collection and Analysis Third, unethical research practices can have short-term and/or longterm negative impacts on participants. Classic examples include the failure to provide penicillin to African Americans in the Tuskegee trials and the debate following Milgram’s obedience studies.
378) Taken together, these perspectives suggest that a theory may minimally be defined as a set of interrelated propositions (or principles) concerning how, why, or when a phenomenon or a set of phenomena occurs (Mandler & Kessen, 1959, p. 159; Shaw & Costanzo, 1982, p. 4). ” In their article by the same title, Sutton and Staw (1995) illustrated five common strategies authors mistakenly use in place of rigorous theory development—to summarize: (1) references to past work are not theory, because listing references does not explain why certain variables are interconnected; (2) reviewing past empirical evidence (data) is not theory, as “data describe which [italics in original] empirical Developing and Testing Theories patterns were observed and theory explains why [italics in original] empirical patterns were observed or are expected to be observed” (p.
In what follows, we discuss a variety of styles and strategies researchers use to identify high-quality ideas. INTERACTIVE STYLE According to many of the scholars we interviewed, interacting with colleagues both within and outside one’s discipline is a fertile source of high-quality ideas. We call this approach the interactive style. A particularly fascinating example of the “interacting with colleagues” strategy is the research by Melissa Bateson, Daniel Nettle, and Gilbert Roberts (2006), highlighted in Chapter 11.
How to Publish High-Quality Research: Discovering, Building, and Sharing the Contribution by Jeff Joireman