By Julia Herschensohn (Ed.), Enrique Mallén (Ed.), Karen Zagona (Ed.)
This quantity brings jointly new study on theoretical Romance Linguistics; its meant viewers is students within the box of formal grammar, in particular these focusing on Romance languages. It represents the newest paintings at the constitution of Romance languages, with appropriate comparisons to different languages akin to English and Basque. because the volume's name shows, similar subject matters recur in those reviews: the function of grammatical good points in sub-modules of the grammar, and the interplay of sub-modules with one another and with exterior platforms on the “interfaces”. The contributions to this quantity, all framed inside present theoretical types, discover those and comparable difficulties within the research of Romance. the quantity includes reports on morphology, phonology, syntax and semantics, and comprises language and topic indices.
Read Online or Download Features and Interfaces in Romance: Essays in Honor of Heles Contreras PDF
Best linguistics books
Language is valuable to our lives, the cultural instrument that arguably units us except different species. a few scientists have argued that language is innate, one of those distinctive human 'instinct' pre-programmed in us from beginning. during this ebook, Vyvyan Evans argues that this got knowledge is, in truth, a delusion.
This can be a finished and targeted introductory Korean textbook and language studying package.
Korean is now the fifteenth most well liked language taught at American universities. This new version of basic Korean, the main complete and certain introductory Korean textbook to be had, deals starting rookies of Korean every little thing they should study the language successfully. ideal for a first-year university-level direction use or for the self sustaining language learner. No previous wisdom of the language is necessary.
The new layout, now with dozens of illustrations, offers Korean vocabulary and Korean grammar in an available and comprehensible demeanour whereas huge conversations and workouts aid to augment the Korean language and construct analyzing and listening comprehension.
This variation includes:
• An MP3 audio CD and devoted website.
• wealthy and hugely nuanced examples with fresh illustrations.
• distinctive yet on–technical grammar notes, plentiful writing routines with an accompanying resolution key.
• distinctive examples of real dialogue.
• hugely technical grammar notes.
• lots of writing practice.
• Dialogues, studying texts, and written workouts are in Hangul, the Korean alphabet, so scholars are speedy capable of learn and write actual Korean. Layered classes are designed to construct on one another, making Korean effortless to benefit from the preferred introductory
• Korean language textbook to be had. integrated is a revised audio CD that is helping novices to talk like a local, and a web based perform part throughout the collage of British
• Columbia that could support scholars to profit Korean even past the pages of this e-book.
• in line with the trendy Language organization, enrollment in Korean in American universities is transforming into rapidly.
to be had individually is the better half easy Korean Workbook. this useful workbook will help you in training and sharpening your Korean language abilities. each one lesson vitamins the corresponding lesson within the textbook. There are ten actions in step with lesson, providing various routines and perform possibilities to allow you to in achieving talent in daily, conversational Korean.
Unique writing, together with telling of conventional tales, in Tanaina Athabaskan with interlinear and prose English translations.
- The Articulate Mammal: An Introduction to Psycholinguistics (Routledge Classics)
- Grammatik der mongolischen sprache
- Say It Right in Brazilian Portuguese: The Easy Way to Correct Pronunciation
- A Vietnamese Reference Grammar [incomplete]
- Etymologische Studien zum Jiddischen
- New Headway Intermediate Workbook (New Edition) with keys
Extra resources for Features and Interfaces in Romance: Essays in Honor of Heles Contreras
MIT Press. 1998. "Minimalist Inquiries: The framework". MIT Occasional Working Papers in Linguistics 15, Department of Linguistics and Philosophy, MIT. Cinque, Guglielmo. 1980. "On Extraction from NP in Italian". 47-99. Couquaux, Daniel. 1981. "French Predication and Linguistic Theory". Levels of Syntactic Representation ed. by Robert May and Jan Koster. Dordrecht: Foris. 33-64. Danlos, Laurence. 1992. 1-32. DiSciullo, A. Maria and Sara Rosen. 1990. "Light and Semi-Light Verb Constructions".
Zabala, Igone. 1993. Predikazioaren Teoriak Gramatika Sortzailean Euskararen kasua. D. Dissertation. ON THE WEIGHT OF LIGHT PREDICATES* IGNACIO BOSQUE Universidad Complutense, Madrid 1. Introduction The grammatical properties of so-called 'light verbs' have proved to be very relevant for our understanding of the syntax of complex predicates. These verbs (as take in take a walk; make in make a promise or pay in pay a visit) lack argument structure. They exhibit tense and agreement features and assign case to their DP complement, but they have a very abstract meaning (close, in fact, to that of the verb do).
This contrast suggests that siempre cannot modify events, whereas cada día does, (i) Tu [llegada cada día] alegra a los niños. " (ii) *Tu [llegada siempre] alegra a los niños. your arrival always makes-happy to the children THE INTERPRETATION OF FOCUS FEATURES 43 (11) ARROZ come la familia. " On the one hand, stress-focus does not entail obligatory movement, as shown in (12). Cleft-focusing, on the other hand, does involve obligatory movement, as shown in (13). (12) a. b. (13) a. b. La familia come CARNE.
Features and Interfaces in Romance: Essays in Honor of Heles Contreras by Julia Herschensohn (Ed.), Enrique Mallén (Ed.), Karen Zagona (Ed.)