By Jerry Norman
This normal advent to the learn of chinese language lines the language's heritage from its beginnings within the moment millennium B.C. to the current, and offers a transparent photo of the modern language and its sociolinguistic prestige. chinese language, in its various dialects, has extra audio system than the other language within the glossy global, and this massive extension in time and house brings to its research a very good complexity. however, Norman's crisp association and lucid beauty make this notable diversity of fabric simply obtainable even to these with an undemanding realizing of linguistics. chinese language contains details at the genetic and typological connections of the language, the writing process, the classical and early vernacular tongues, the trendy language and non-standard dialects, and the background of linguistic reform in China.
Read or Download Chinese (Cambridge Language Surveys) PDF
Best linguistics books
Language is imperative to our lives, the cultural instrument that arguably units us except different species. a few scientists have argued that language is innate, a kind of designated human 'instinct' pre-programmed in us from delivery. during this e-book, Vyvyan Evans argues that this acquired knowledge is, in reality, a fable.
This can be a complete and exact introductory Korean textbook and language studying package.
Korean is now the fifteenth most well-liked language taught at American universities. This re-creation of effortless Korean, the main accomplished and specified introductory Korean textbook to be had, deals starting newbies of Korean every thing they should study the language successfully. excellent for a first-year university-level path use or for the self sufficient language learner. No previous wisdom of the language is necessary.
The new layout, now with dozens of illustrations, provides Korean vocabulary and Korean grammar in an obtainable and comprehensible demeanour whereas huge conversations and routines support to augment the Korean language and construct interpreting and listening comprehension.
This version includes:
• An MP3 audio CD and devoted website.
• wealthy and hugely nuanced examples with fresh illustrations.
• designated yet on–technical grammar notes, considerable writing workouts with an accompanying solution key.
• targeted examples of real dialogue.
• hugely technical grammar notes.
• lots of writing practice.
• Dialogues, studying texts, and written routines are in Hangul, the Korean alphabet, so scholars are speedy in a position to learn and write actual Korean. Layered classes are designed to construct on one another, making Korean effortless to profit from the most well-liked introductory
• Korean language textbook on hand. incorporated is a revised audio CD that is helping novices to talk like a local, and a web based perform part in the course of the collage of British
• Columbia that may support scholars to benefit Korean even past the pages of this e-book.
• in line with the fashionable Language organization, enrollment in Korean in American universities is starting to be rapidly.
to be had individually is the spouse undemanding Korean Workbook. this beneficial workbook will help you in training and sprucing your Korean language talents. every one lesson vitamins the corresponding lesson within the textbook. There are ten actions in line with lesson, supplying a number of workouts and perform possibilities to show you how to in achieving skillability in daily, conversational Korean.
Unique writing, together with telling of conventional tales, in Tanaina Athabaskan with interlinear and prose English translations.
- Formal Models, Languages And Applications (Machine Perception and Artifical Intelligence)
- Aspect Bound: A voyage into the realm of Germanic, Slavonic and Finno-Ugrian aspectology
- Catalogue des idées reçues sur la langue
- The direct method applied to Latin: a handbook for teachers
Extra info for Chinese (Cambridge Language Surveys)
2. Insert the following verbs into the appropriate sentences. ) Елу ден Серге Йошкар-Олаште … . ) Анук ден Ивук школышто … . ) Елу ден Олюк йочасадыш … . ) Миклай ден Эчан … . 3. In the following sentences put the verb into the third person singular or plural. ) (илаш) Елу Йошкар-Олаште … . Елу ден Серге Йошкар-Олаште … . ) (тунемаш) Эчан школышто … . Эчан ден Ивук школышто … . ) (ышташ) Серге редакцийыште пашам … .
Where do you live? I will come in the evening. (S)he lives in Yoshkar-Ola. They are learning Mari. IV. Words and word usage 1. Kinship terminology: Note that kinship terminology in Mari is more precise than in English, with more distinctions being made between younger/elder relations and the maternal/paternal lines. The following is a list of the most commonly used kinship terms. , forms used when addressing the person in question.
Pause the recording between the individual sentences. mp3 37 2. mp3 I. Text Елу ден Серге Йошкар-Олаште илат. Нуно Эшпай уремыште, 12-шо (латкокымшо) номеран пӧртыштӧ илат. Серге 37 (кумло шым) ияш. Тудо редакцийыште пашам ышта. Тудо журналист. Елу, тудын ватыже, 35 (кумло вич) ияш. Тудо университетыште марий йылмым туныкта. Тудо туныктышо. Елу ден Серген кок йочашт уло: эрге ден ӱдыр. Эргыштын лӱмжӧ Эчан. Тудо 14 ияш. Тудо школышто тунемеш. Ӱдырыштын лӱмжӧ Ануш. Тудо 5 ияш. Тудо йочасадыш коштеш.
Chinese (Cambridge Language Surveys) by Jerry Norman