By Timothy Riese, Jeremy Bradley, Emma Yakimova, Galina Krylova
The e-book of the 2 volumes of Марийский язык для всех in 1990 and 1991 heralded the start of a brand new period for all these attracted to the Mari language and tradition who ahead of that point had met with the probably insurmountable problem posed via the inability of enough fabrics. For the 1st time there has been ultimately a guide that handled the trendy literary language extensive, was once basically based and good notion out, and likewise used to be stress-free to exploit. even if the ebook was once written in Russian and meant exclusively for Russian audio system, it quickly chanced on its method around the borders and have become the normal paintings for Mari novices within the West as well.
Now, 20 years later, the ebook has under no circumstances outlived its usefulness, and curiosity within the Mari language, tradition, literature, and faith has not at all lowered, yet, to the contrary, has elevated. It used to be felt valuable, even though, to conform the booklet to satisfy present-day wishes. This intended updating the texts to mirror contemporary adjustments in Mari society, modernizing the orthography and the language used, and changing the e-book for the needs of the numerous Mari rookies who don't have entry to a Mari instructor, in different phrases making it totally compatible for self-learners. within the pursuits of universality very important adjustments have been made: 1) The publication was once rewritten in English instead of in Russian, and a couple of) will probably be made to be had around the world on the web, instead of being released in a standard published layout.
Read or Download A Comprehensive Introduction to the Mari Language PDF
Best linguistics books
Language is principal to our lives, the cultural device that arguably units us except different species. a few scientists have argued that language is innate, one of those specific human 'instinct' pre-programmed in us from start. during this booklet, Vyvyan Evans argues that this obtained knowledge is, in reality, a fable.
It is a finished and distinctive introductory Korean textbook and language studying package.
Korean is now the fifteenth most well-liked language taught at American universities. This new version of uncomplicated Korean, the main finished and particular introductory Korean textbook on hand, bargains starting beginners of Korean every thing they should research the language successfully. excellent for a first-year university-level path use or for the self sufficient language learner. No previous wisdom of the language is necessary.
The new structure, now with dozens of illustrations, provides Korean vocabulary and Korean grammar in an available and comprehensible demeanour whereas huge conversations and workouts support to enhance the Korean language and construct analyzing and listening comprehension.
This version includes:
• An MP3 audio CD and devoted website.
• wealthy and hugely nuanced examples with fresh illustrations.
• distinctive yet on–technical grammar notes, considerable writing routines with an accompanying resolution key.
• special examples of genuine dialogue.
• hugely technical grammar notes.
• lots of writing practice.
• Dialogues, studying texts, and written routines are in Hangul, the Korean alphabet, so scholars are quick capable of learn and write genuine Korean. Layered classes are designed to construct on one another, making Korean effortless to benefit from the most well-liked introductory
• Korean language textbook to be had. integrated is a revised audio CD that is helping beginners to talk like a local, and a web based perform part in the course of the college of British
• Columbia which may support scholars to profit Korean even past the pages of this publication.
• in line with the fashionable Language organization, enrollment in Korean in American universities is starting to be rapidly.
on hand individually is the significant other common Korean Workbook. this useful workbook will help you in practising and sprucing your Korean language abilities. every one lesson supplementations the corresponding lesson within the textbook. There are ten actions in step with lesson, supplying a number workouts and perform possibilities to provide help to in achieving talent in daily, conversational Korean.
Unique writing, together with telling of conventional tales, in Tanaina Athabaskan with interlinear and prose English translations.
- Peeling Potatoes or Grinding Lenses: Spinoza and Young Wittgenstein Converse on Immanence and Its Logic
- On Chinese Modal Particle A (啊): A Pragmatic and Semantic Study
- Melanesian Pidgin (or Tokpisin) - A Practical Approach
- Peirce's Theory of Signs
- Waffenbezeichnungen in althochdeutschen Glossen: Sprach- und kulturhistorische Analysen und Wörterbuch
- A grammar of Khwarshi
Extra info for A Comprehensive Introduction to the Mari Language
2. Insert the following verbs into the appropriate sentences. ) Елу ден Серге Йошкар-Олаште … . ) Анук ден Ивук школышто … . ) Елу ден Олюк йочасадыш … . ) Миклай ден Эчан … . 3. In the following sentences put the verb into the third person singular or plural. ) (илаш) Елу Йошкар-Олаште … . Елу ден Серге Йошкар-Олаште … . ) (тунемаш) Эчан школышто … . Эчан ден Ивук школышто … . ) (ышташ) Серге редакцийыште пашам … .
Where do you live? I will come in the evening. (S)he lives in Yoshkar-Ola. They are learning Mari. IV. Words and word usage 1. Kinship terminology: Note that kinship terminology in Mari is more precise than in English, with more distinctions being made between younger/elder relations and the maternal/paternal lines. The following is a list of the most commonly used kinship terms. , forms used when addressing the person in question.
Pause the recording between the individual sentences. mp3 37 2. mp3 I. Text Елу ден Серге Йошкар-Олаште илат. Нуно Эшпай уремыште, 12-шо (латкокымшо) номеран пӧртыштӧ илат. Серге 37 (кумло шым) ияш. Тудо редакцийыште пашам ышта. Тудо журналист. Елу, тудын ватыже, 35 (кумло вич) ияш. Тудо университетыште марий йылмым туныкта. Тудо туныктышо. Елу ден Серген кок йочашт уло: эрге ден ӱдыр. Эргыштын лӱмжӧ Эчан. Тудо 14 ияш. Тудо школышто тунемеш. Ӱдырыштын лӱмжӧ Ануш. Тудо 5 ияш. Тудо йочасадыш коштеш.
A Comprehensive Introduction to the Mari Language by Timothy Riese, Jeremy Bradley, Emma Yakimova, Galina Krylova